Depression is a serious illness that effects close to 10% of the population. Women experience depression at roughly twice the rate of men. While professional therapy and medication are a critical part of treatment, journaling and talking with others can offer many a chance to gain insight into their problems. DepressionTribe offers members a place to share stories, encouragement and friendship.
We believe that individuals become empowered to help themselves and others when they feel a part of something larger. DepressionTribe offers members a convenient and safe place for individuals with similar challenges to connect.
WebTribes Inc. is a network of online community websites designed to bring people with similar life issues together from around the world who are in need of support. We believe that communicating, sharing, and connecting with others in your community will have a positive effect on your healing and your life.
Site Features Include
- Profile Pages: Create your own personalized profile page and share stories, photos, videos, music, and more
- Network: Add friends, send messages, write comments, chat, earn activity points and more
- Groups: Create and join special interest groups
- Gallery: Share photos and artwork
- Polls: Post, vote and view results of member generated poll questions
- Browse: Find members by location, age and gender
- Fun: Play games, music, and videos
- Community: Enjoy a friendly, like-minded environment, where members shape what matters.
Note: For many, our sites are therapeutic. However, our sites are not intended to be a substitute for professional therapy. If you suffer from a serious illness it is important you see a health care professional.